Thursday, December 24, 2015

Lights

Jameson Avenue, Toronto, December 2001

IT'S CHRISTMAS AGAIN, AND ANOTHER YEAR HAS PASSED. I thought this was a good time to revisit the shots I took on Jameson Avenue in Parkdale almost fifteen years ago, photographing the Christmas light displays there for Toronto Life magazine. I ran a frame from this assignment here a year ago, but I'm still terribly fond of the shots that got rejected from this job for being somewhat abstract and/or excessively moody.

The holidays always put me in a retrospective mood, which inevitably leads to more than a touch of melancholy. Which is probably why I like these pictures so much. I was struggling for something here, at a time when I wasn't getting much satisfaction (or income) from photography. It would take me a while, but I was almost there.

Jameson Avenue, Toronto, December 2001

Merry Christmas, everybody.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photo's over the last year.

    Merry Christmas Rick & Family,

    Dave

    ReplyDelete